We often hear about self-care in the media these days and the first thing that pops into my mind is usually spa days at home. However, I realized that self-care is more than a detox mask at home.
It's simply carving out time to nurture your soul.
Here are a few examples that came to my mind:
- Outdoor adventure (such as a hike or camping) and enjoying nature
- The practical aspect of being responsible with my finances (paying my bills on time, paying my taxes, creating a budget and living within my means)
- Eating a balanced diet (nutrition), exercise (150 minutes per week as recommended), and rest (aim for 8 hours of sleep per night).
- Pressing that snooze button on the weekend and allow myself to sleep in
- Binge watching my favourite movie/show on Netflix without feeling guilty
- Taking that leap of faith to leave that 9-5 job to pursue my dreams!
- Practice meditation/prayer
- Gardening and tending it
- Connecting with friends and family
- Reading a good book
- Going on that trip I always dreamt of
- Setting new goals and taking steps to achieve them everyday
- Journalling my thoughts and letting it all out
- Basking in the sun and all its glory
- Letting go! It could be physical or emotional things!
- Trying that new recipe I've been dying to try
What is your personal definition of self-care? I'd love to hear from you!
Sisterberry & Co.